SGP Data Privacy Notice
How the Sussex Gospel Partnership (“we”) use your information
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
Why do we collect and use your information?
We collect and use your information for a number of activities that are of legitimate interest to us. These include planning and organising key elements of the programme run by SGP, providing support and pastoral care to partners, maintaining appropriate accounting records, complying with responsibilities for protection of vulnerable adults and children, taking photos or videos at our events for use in future publicity, retaining a list of the names of people who have attended past events and assessing the quality of our service.
We also collect and hold information in respect of contractual obligations, including details of those attending/booked in for recent, current or future courses and events.
We may also seek consent to hold and use information to communicate regarding our activities and to provide updates from around the Partnership.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, telephone number, address, email address, job title, Church you attend, mailing preferences, date of birth)
- Characteristics (such as gender, ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth)
Storing your data
We hold your data securely for varying lengths of time depending on the reason for holding the information in question but in doing so we always comply with Data Protection legislation.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for the personal information we hold on you please contact Wendy Sands (email@example.com).
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you please contact Nigel Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for to better provide a targeted experience for the user. For more details, please refer to section 6 below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site and your use and experience of Our Site will not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a message requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 6. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 7, but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie Purpose Strictly Necessary cookie_consent This cookie remembers if the cookie notification message has been accepted so it only shows once. Yes
and the following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie Provider Purpose __atuvc addthis This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget. It updates the counter of a website’s social sharing features. __atuvs addthis Ensures that the updated counter is displayed to the user if a page is shared with the social sharing service, AddThis. loc addthis Geolocation, which is used to help providers determine how users who share information with each other are geographically located (state level). mus addthis Profile store status. uvc addthis Detects how often the social sharing service, AddThis, encounters the same user. uid addthis Creates a unique, machine-generated user ID. AddThis, which is owned by Clearspring Technologies, uses the user ID to make it possible for the user to share content across social networks and provide detailed statistics to various providers. advertising.com ACID, APID, C2, IDSYNC Measure and improve effectiveness of online advertising. sess Adnxs The sess cookie contains a single non-unique value: “1″. It is used by the Platform to test whether a browser is configured to accept cookies from AppNexus remarketing. uuid2 Adnxs This cookie contains a unique randomly-generated value that enables the Platform to distinguish browsers and devices. It is matched against information – such as advertising interest segments and histories of ads shown in the browser or device – provided by clients or other third parties and stored on the Platform. This information is used by clients to select advertisements for delivery by the Platform, and to measure the performance of, and attribute payment for, those advertisements. In addition, to enable clients to use non-PII they collect outside the Platform or acquire from other third parties, this cookie is sometimes matched to clients’ or other third parties’ cookies that contain such non-PII. ck, oo, pt Affectv Ltd Used by Affectv Ltd, a Social Targeting company who work with hundreds of websites and social media sites globally to display ads and video ads for users based on their internet browsing. The aim is to make display and video ads more relevant for users to enhance their web browsing experience. bku, bkcd Blue Kai Inc. Collects data such as browser information, IP address, search history, clickstream data. Used by BlueKai, Inc. which is an Ad network / Retargeter Technology provider enabling advertisers to target an advertisement to a user who has visited their website or interacted with a different advertisement in the past. Aggregate data is shared with 3rd parties. DST, demdex, dpm Demdex, Adobe Used for semantic content analysis, the user’s navigation on the website is registered and linked to offline data from surveys and similar registrations to display targeted ads. IDE doubleclick.net Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user. IDE doubleclick.net Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads. uuid, uuidc mathtag Collects data on the user’s visits to the website, such as what pages have been loaded. The registered data is used for targeted ads. TDCPM The Trade Desk Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user. _tmid tubemogul.com Marketing Registers a unique ID that identifies the user’s device upon return visits. The ID is used to target ads in video clips. wc_session_cookie_* WooCommerce WooCommerce tracking essential for e-commerce functional
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Links to / from 3rd party websites
We are not responsible for and accept no liability for the content or privacy practices of any linked website which is not owned and maintained by us. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact us at email@example.com.